If you are on any form of social media these days, you know exactly how negative and discouraging our world has become, especially with this upcoming election. You also know that it’s not going to end after the election, so to help combat negative attitudes (or at least my own), I have decided to focus more on the positive! At least twice a month I plan to kick off the weekend with five positive and simple things to look forward to.
What better month than to begin than November; a month where we should already be focusing on thankfulness?!
Here are five things I’m looking forward to this weekend:
1. Enjoying a drive into the North Carolina Mountains to enjoy the last of the autumn leaves and slightly cooler temperatures.
2. Hearing my beautiful friend, Christina, share her testomony of faith her family experienced from the night (and days following) her teenage son suffering a brain aneurysm.
3. Savoring the first Starbucks Peppermint mocha of the season … accompanied by a good read of course!
4. Spending time in the kitchen with a little autumn baking.
Bourbon-Chocolate Pecan pie, anyone?
5. Taking a romantic walk on a lovely trail with my sweet husband allowing us to reconnect after his week on the road for work.
So tell me my sweet friends, What are you looking forward to this weekend?