Christmas is going to be a little different for our family this year. Of course I knew this when our living room tree went up the second week of October while our young Marine was home on leave. He asked if we could decorate, so this Momma obliged without a second thought.
Over the last several years I have ventured into carefully thought out themed trees as the the kids grew into teens, took off for college, and even began to marry, and left the ornaments from their childhood packed away . Every once in a while I might dig through to find one or two that fit a theme, but largely they remained put away. When Bradley asked to decorate and I knew all my kiddos would be together for that weekend, I began to feel all sentimental and teary.
It was time for a trip to the Hallmark Store where we chose each of our children a new ornament, and to broke out all our favorites from the last 25 years!
With four kids we’ve had so many memorable and entertaining Christmases over the years. Going through all the ornaments with them was so much fun!
We found milestone ornaments from the first five years of each kiddo, hobby ornaments, and sports ornaments.
I giggled as we hung the ornaments we bought while living in Iowa, remembering that was year we moved our tree and some how left all the decorations in storage in Alabama!! It was a sparsely decorated tree that year, but a white Christmas made it one of the best Christmases ever!
We have reminders of our favorite movies from “A Christmas Story” ( I saw it in the theater with my parents way back when I was 11) to Harry Potter (which I shared with my kids as they grew up).
I never knew sports ornaments would blend so well with Santa’s and Elves, but the Bulldogs and Gamecocks speciality balls add so much fun!
There are ornaments celebrating the latest engagement in our family (that story is coming soon… it’s Madeline!), ones that celebrate our two daughters who are already married, and ornaments honoring my handsome hubby’s years in the Navy and of course Bradley’s current life in the Marines.
This tree tells so many stories from the last 25 years and is definitely one of my most favorites, even if it does render me a blubbering mess at the most random times!
To pull all the ornaments together I used traditional white, red and green by incorporating Pom Pom garland, springy picks and over-sized pearl picks (all from Hobby Lobby), as well as Christopher Radko reproduction red and green shiny brite ornaments and a few favorite blown glass ornaments we collected through the years.
I’m so excited to be joining in a Christmas tree blog hop hosted by Our Crafty Mom!!
Welcome To The Third Annual Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop!
Looking for Christmas Tree decorating ideas? We are sharing 40 absolutely beautiful Christmas Trees from some of your favorite home decor bloggers.
It’s the third year of the Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop hosted by Our Crafty Mom.
You will find holiday inspiration for just about every Christmas tree style.
The fun starts on Friday, November 29th and continues through Saturday, November 30th.
We hope you will visit the talented bloggers linked below. This blog hop is something we look forward to every year and we hope you do too.
Grab your favorite beverage and settle in for some beautiful Christmas Tree decor inspiration!
Let’s Meet The Hosts!
- Christmas Home Tour from Kippi at Home
- Christmas Tree With Traditional And Rustic Colors from Tribe of Burton
- Blue and White Chinoiserie Holiday Tree from Simple Nature Decor
- Colorful White Christmas Tree from Creative Ramblings
- A Farmhouse Style Christmas Tree from Simply Beautiful by Angela
- Christmas Trees 2019 from Virginia Sweet Pea
- Red Plaid Christmas Tree from 2 Bees in a Pod
- Christmas Tree Decor from Create and Babble
- DIY Luke 2 Christmas Tree from To Work with My Hands
- How To Decorate A Rustic Neutral Christmas Tree from One Thousand Oaks
- Simple and Elegant Country Class Christmas Tree Redneck Rhapsody
- Traditional Family Christmas Tree from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Christmas Tree Inspiration Ideas from My Life On Kaydeross Creek
- How To Put Ribbon On A Christmas Tree from Upright and Caffeinated
- Beautiful Minimal Christmas Tree Decor from Sonya Burgess
- Christmas Tree Ideas from Welcome to the Woods
- Christmas Tree Decor from Teadoddles
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Celebrate and Decorate
- Rustic Plaid Woodland Christmas Tree from Zucchini Sisters
- A Buffalo Check Flocked Christmas Tree from Weekend Craft
- Cozy Minimal Christmas Tree from Northern Feeling
- A Peppermint Striped Christmas Tree from County Road 407
- Elegant Flocked Christmas Tree With Blue and Silver from Our Crafty Mom
- Fabulous Tree in Blue, Rose Gold and Copper from Across the Boulevard
- Mini Beachmas Tree from My Pinterventures
- Plaid Decorated Christmas Tree from Intelligent Domestications
- Red Truck Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree from Modern on Monticello
- Christmas Tree Decor from Southern Yankee DIY
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from First Day of Home
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from From House to Home
- Christmas Tree Home Tour from Just That Perfect Piece
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Farmhouse Inspired Christmas Tree from Daily DIY Life
- Decorated Flocked Christmas Tree With Homemade Ornaments from Thrifted Nest
- Farmhouse Christmas Tree from Domestic Deadline
- Christmas Tree Decor from A Life Unfolding
- Christmas Tree from Oh Fiddle Dee Dee
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Happily Ever After, etc.