At last! Autumn has arrived, not only is it calendar official, but you can feel it in the air in the south! This is my favorite season and I’ve been rather impatient waiting on it to arrive this year.
Thanks to the coronapocalypse, fall is a little different this year. Audley and I are skipping football games and missing tailgating, there aren’t any county fairs or rodeos, among other things, but there is no reason to not enjoy it! We have a “bucket list” of things we are looking forward to do this season. It got me thinking Maybe I should share it in case you were at a loss of how to enjoy the season in this crazy time. Almost all of these keep social distancing guidelines in mind.
* Go for a sunrise canoe ride
* Light autumn scented candles all through the house
* Pick apples and make apple crisp
* Make all the soups
* Bake a pumpkin pie using fresh pumpkin
* Visit a pumpkin patch
* Take a drive & enjoy a little leaf peeping
* Light a fire and make s’mores
* Celebrate National Coffee day ( September 29)
* Go camping or glamping
*Watch fall & Halloween themed movies
* Carve a pumpkin
* Pull out the patchwork quilts & get cozy
* Enjoy a girl’s day or even road trip
* Take a leisurely bike ride on a scenic trail
* Drink apple cider
* Meet your spouse for a coffee date
* Decorate your porch just a little extra this year
* Star gaze
* Make & eat caramel apples
* Go hiking
* Visit Starbucks for at least one Pumpkin Spiced drink
* Plan an autumn picnic
* Run through the leaves
Being outdoors is very good for boosting your immunity system, so many of our plans involve fresh air and sunshine, even with a few cooler temperatures. Take advantage of this anytime you can in the coming months! It’ll keep your spirits up as well.
What’s on your bucket list this fall? I would love to hear what you’ve been up to!