Are you as excited for this new month as I am?
There is something special about the “Ber” months, especially October, November and December. It’s almost magical. My vibe, mood and attitude all improve which prompts me into celebrating all the little things this season has to offer …. even with an empty nest!
This attitude goes back a long way; 48 years to be exact.
When your Momma is a Halloween baby magical fun is always around the corner.
One of my favorite October traditions is 31 days of movies that are perfect for keeping your spirits up and setting the mood throughout the month. This isn’t Freeform’s let’s show the same movies over and over list, this is a movie a day that you can enjoy with your love, kids, neighbor’s kids, or while enjoying “me time” wrapped up in a patchwork quilt with a gourmet coffee you whipped up.
From traditional classics to a few shivers here and there, this 31 days of spirited thrills will have you excited for Halloween Night!
1. It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
2. Hocus Pocus
3. The Goonies
4. The Haunted Mansion
5. Private Eyes (a classic with Don Knotts!)
6. Edward Sissorhands
8. The original Ghostbusters
9. Practical Magic
10. Sleepy Hollow
11. Disney’s Halloweentown
13. Nightmare Before Christmas
14. Disney’s Ichabod Crane & Mr. Toad
16. Addam’s Family
17. Hotel Transylvania
18. The Ghost & Mr Chicken (another classic)
19. Bewitched (with Nicole Kidman … cheesy but cute!)
20. Mr. Mom (1983 … just go with it)
21. Harry Potter (marathoning is highly recommended)
22. Monster House
23. The Original Friday the 13th
24. Wizard of Oz
25. Pirates of the Caribbean (believe me, it fits)
26. Twilight (Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?)
27. Sweeney Todd
28. The Corpse Bride
29. Scooby Doo (the movie)
30. The Mummy
31. Interview with a Vampire
I could go on, but if these don’t add magic and a little shiver to your October, it’s probably not your season! Obviously not all of these movies claim Halloween. The idea is to set a mood and this list will do the trick!
Many of the listed movies have sequels, so marathoning on the weekend is perfectly acceptable!